The City of Elk Grove Planning Department provides staff to assist in guiding future growth and change in a manner that conforms to adopted policies and ordinances and that reflects community values. The Department provides functions and services that include public information and assistance to customers at the front counter and by telephone, development review and environmental review to implement the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The department is also responsible for the development and maintenance and operations of the City's General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Housing and Grants programs.
- Southeast Policy Area, Community Open House (March 25, 2014 from 6pm - 8pm)
- Elk Grove Housing Element – Public Draft | Draft EIR | Final EIR | Notice of Public Hearing | More Information
- Old Town Elk Grove Special Planning Area Triennial Review
- Kammerer Road Project
- Sphere of Influence (SOI) - Project Information
- Southeast Policy Area Land Planning
Planning Department Information:
Please visit us anytime during business hours to meet with a planner. Planning Office hours are:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday, including lunch hour
Elk Grove City Hall
8401 Laguna Palms Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Phone (916) 478-2265
If you wish to meet with a specific planner, please call ahead to schedule a meeting. Due to a high volume of planning requests, response to voicemail's and emails may take up to the next business day.
Voice: (916) 478-2265
Fax: (916) 691-3168